Friday, August 1, 2008

Stay-at-home Wife

For the next two weeks, I will be a stay-at-home wife. Clayton started work today and quite honestly, I miss him like crazy even though it's only noon and he left at 7:30 this morning! I am not sure how I am going to fill my days until I start teacher in-service.

The apartment is clean. We have groceries in the fridge. I have a menu made for dinner. I bought my sister a birthday present. What should I do now?

As weird as it was to send Clayton off to work and not have to be someplace myself, it was really fun for me to get up with him this morning and pack his sack lunch for work. Today he got a triple-decker ham and turkey sandwich, potato chips, and a homemade apple dumpling. I even wrote his name on the Ziplock bag! :-D I like this business of being a wife, even though I'm still learning how to be a good one!

Totally random, but last night we laughed so hard and we talked about how we should post this in our blog. Anyone who knows Clayton knows that he likes to discuss bodily functions, especially poop. I have no idea how we got on the subject, but last night as we were trying to go to sleep, Clayton started asking how to say "diahrrea" in various languages. He decided that his German translation of diahrrea is "uber-poop". I love my husband! :-)

1 comment:

Hunter and Ashleigh Gaulke said...

Ya'll are precious. The first couple of weeks after Hunter and I were settled int he apartment, we just stayed up laughing for hours before bed. Such great memories! I am so glad clayton took the job! I hope everything went well. :)

I know you said you are trying to be a good wife..but it sounds like you already are :)

Ashleigh