Tuesday, August 5, 2008

My New Friend Edouard

Well, folks, this West Texas girl is in the midst of her first ever tropical storm! (I'm sure it won't be the last if we stay in Houston very long.) I was kind of excited to get to be a part of severe weather, but there hasn't been much to it thus far. Just a lot of clouds, a little wind, and sprinkling rain. Maybe it will get worse later on today. I know other parts of Houston have gotten a lot of rain already.

Anyway, Clayton didn't have to go to work today on account of the storm, so we have had a lovely little tropical storm day so far. Unfortunately, he didn't get the call about not having to go to work until we were both up and dressed, so we didn't get to sleep late. But that's okay; I made pancakes and we watched an episode of Ed, our newest favorite TV show (even though it's an old show). Hopefully the electricity will stay on all day so we can watch movies or more Ed!

Yesterday, I drove to Galveston to have lunch with my parents, who are there for a business conference. This is their first tropical storm as well! They are staying at Moody Gardens, which is very prepared for any sort of tropical storm or hurricane. It was kind of weird for me to see footage on the Weather Channel of the exact same place on the Sea Wall that I saw yesterday!

I don't really have much else to write about. I'll update if we experience any other exciting tropical storm-related incidents!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey love, were you as sad as I was that our friend Ed fizzled?