Saturday, August 30, 2008

Mrs. Wakefield, how old are you?




All 5 of my classes asked me the above question on the first day of school. My response: old enough! However, I couldn't help but ask myself the same thing! Am I really old enough to be teaching a room full of sophomores?

My first week of school went amazingly well! I already love my kids so much! Even though I shouldn't play favorites (and will never let it show), I've already found a few who I can tell will be my treasured students of the year. The Lord has shown Himself so faithful this week: He's provided me with great, FUNNY students, a team of teachers who are welcoming and helpful, and a husband who has encouraged me greatly every single day this week.

It gave me such a rush to finally teach a lesson (even though my teaching this week was probably the worst these students have ever experienced)! I know that my teaching will improve; I was just thrilled that I felt at home doing what I did this week. I have never really doubted that God placed me here to minister to high school students, but this week He confirmed my calling through the smiles of my students, through the little Brigade member who stayed after school Thursday afternoon to talk to me, and through the excitement I felt when my students gave the correct answers during lesson times.

However, even though my first week was great, I am EXHAUSTED!!!! It's tiring to have to smile and be energetic and goofy all day in dress shoes! Thank the Lord for a long weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you working at Cy-fair? I saw you wrote brigade girl and have Bobcats on your door. I went to Cy-Fair! Let me know! Hope all is well!

EMily