Sunday, July 27, 2008

It's Official!!!!


Wow! What an incredible two weeks this has been! Clayton and I are officially the "youngest" Wakefield couple! We have been blessed by everyone's prayers and encouragement over the past couple of weeks!

Our wedding day was perfect. Every girl dreams of her wedding day, and I can honestly say it was everything I have always pictured and more! Clayton and I were surrounded by the love of the Lord, our family and friends. It was our prayer that God would be made much of, and that our guests would see and understand how marriage reflects Jesus' love of the Church. Russell Johnson, my home church pastor performed a sweet, sweet ceremony! The decorations were gorgeous, the flowers were beautiful, and we had FUN all day thanks to our precious friends and family! Seriously, my bridesmaids had me in stitches the entire day!

After the wedding, we spent our honeymoon in Montego Bay, Jamaica! We stayed at a Sandals resort (it's not cheesy, all of your Office lovers!) and had a ball. The beaches were amazing! We ate way too much and thoroughly enjoyed our first few days as Mr. and Mrs. Wakefield. Now we're hanging out here in Houston. Clayton doesn't start work until Friday or Monday (yay, praise the Lord, he got a job the day before the wedding!!!!) and I don't have teacher in-service until August 13. I'm looking forward to buying school supplies and finishing up decorating the apartment. I think we are planning a trip back to College Station this weekend for my sister's birthday. We are going to try to make it to Saturday night church at Living Hope and would love to see anyone who is in town!

I will write more later and hopefully put up some pics from Jamaica!

No comments: